Monday, July 30, 2007

:(

I watched HP5 finally on Friday. I liked it. Everything was good, particularly the special effects. As usual, they missed out a lot of important points from the book. But it’s not easy to fit everything in a two and half hour movie.Watched Indian Idol at night. I’ve just fallen in love with Amit’s voice. He’s simply the best! This was a hattrick for him and he was flawless. Parleen, Emon and Abhishek were also good. Ankita did something different today. Didn’t suit her personality but it was a fantastic effort. Others were disappointing. :(

Have you heard about a Chinese restaurant called “Mainland”? Now you’ll know. I had to go to the post office on Saturday. My room-mate offered to accompany me. We decided to have lunch together. I am crazy about Chinese food. We were heading towards Nandhini, but my room-mate suggested Mainland which fell on the way, all thanks to my craze. We entered a posh restaurant with attendants and waiters in black uniform. It was all black and white, with a huge Buddha face engraved on one of the walls. We received royal treatment. We did realize what we had landed into, but it was too late to turn back. We were served Chinese tea and two varieties of salad. Tea was yuck! The main course was delicious. We tried to be as economical as possible, but how much could you expect? We had to pay 450 bucks, tip included. I am never setting foot in Mainland again! :(

I watched the next episode of Indian Idol that night. One participant was going to be eliminated. After a lot of suspense, it turned out to be Parleen. There were sobs everywhere- the participants, anchors, audience and even the judges. I tried my best but couldn’t stop my tears. Poor Parleen!!! :(

Sunday was uneventful. Watched HP4 on TV at night. It was around 10:30 when it ended. My room-mate had already slept. I didn’t know what to do. There was nothing good on TV, and I wasn’t sleepy either. So I went to my balcony. It was drizzling outside. The quiet street below, the cloud laden sky and the breeze inspired me to write something. I got my laptop outside and started typing a poem. Managed to finish it by 11:30 and went to bed. Couldn’t sleep though. Was getting all kinds of weird dreams about Harry Potter and my family and friends, everything staged in Hogwarts. I remember Snape’s face clearly. I woke up at 2:30 am and tossed in my bed till 7:30. I had a terrible knee pain on top of everything. :(

Monday morning again! I bumped my head below the stairs while having breakfast, missed the company bus by seconds, had to sit on the opposite seat in a Volvo and finally when I get to my desk, my comp hanged when I switched it on. Some great start for a new week eh? Let’s see how it goes. I was already feeling miserable. All my friends are on their way back to BITS, and I’m stuck up in Bangalore. I wish I was going back too. I miss them, specially… :(

I’m still struggling with the ABPP Yellow Belt Training. I hope I manage to finish it this week. The R&D people are being well taken care of. GSC is left all alone… :(

No comments: