Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What a Life


Haven't blogged for a really long time. Kinda forgot about it! :)

I'm fed up of not getting any work to do. Have asked my mentor several times,but all in vain. The mid-sem seminar went well, but I'm wondering what stories I'll have to make up for the final one, coz I'm left with nothing now! Had a boring week and an uneventful weekend, which I dedicated entirely to my CAT studies.

Sunday night-Indian Idol finals. I didn't know whom I was supporting, coz both Amit and Prashant had always been my favorites. Of course Amit was more deserving, any day!I had sent 15 votes for him. That was all I could do. But I kinda knew that Prashant would win. He had lots of supporters, including people from his native country Nepal.

The usual Monday blues,but with a sprinkle of flavour added due to the Twenty20 finals-India vs Pakistan. Half of the people in my office left at 4, and the other half were watching it in the company itself. I joined them for a while, and continued with the rest of the match at home. Believe it or not, the only channels which we weren't getting in our TV were the ones having the match played live. So we had to manage with AajTak and NDTV. We could hear crackers being burst every time Pakistan lost a wicket. Towards the last few overs, the nervousness and excitement increased. I bit a toothpick to pieces. We were sitting glued to the TV with our fingers crossed. And when the last wicket fell, we couldn't believe it for a few seconds. And then, the celebrations. We shouted and shouted. We went to the terrace to witness the display of fire-crackers everywhere. It was awesome!

The celebration continues...Could hear humming sounds around me. People could talk about nothing but the match. Dhoklas, kachoris and cake were distributed to all.

Here I am now. My mentor hasn't come for the past 2 days.I don't know what to do.Getting bored as usual... :(

No comments: