Sunday, September 9, 2007

INNOCENCE

The morning sun slyly smiled,

Caressing my face with its first rays;

Peeping from behind the green mount,

It greeted me for a new start.

**

Twenty minutes of climb it was,

As the blanket of golden glow

Spread its beauty in this utopia-

Oh! Mother Nature and her exotism.

**

Life was awake! People of the hills

Embraced it with energy anew;

Toiling hands and feet at work,

But smiles around, not a care.

**

A divine child in his mother’s arms

Stood in white, as we prayed;

A melody of ages resounded,

Inciting the spirit of faith divine.

**

The lousy dragging of thousand feet,

The noises, the punishment severe;

The jumping and running around

With legs that never tired.

**

A thousand dreams in my longing eyes,

A never-ending desire to touch the sky,

Blessed ignorance, knowledge priceless,

A journey of a day to last a lifetime.

**

The dull yellow bricks welcomed me;

My shelter, my world it was,

Where tired yet comforting arms

Shielded me from the darkest days.

**

With companionship true and promising,

A voice filled with loving comfort;

A hand to pull me up, make me stand

When others had their backs turned.

**

Days of laughter and games

Vanished like the last rays of the sun;

My heart aches and calls out

To bring me back the days that are gone,

To bring me back my innocence.

2 comments:

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Beautiful poem! Your blog looks good too..

sc said...

really cool poem...and a good blog as well!!!