Monday, August 6, 2007

FAREWELL

[I wrote this poem when I was studying for my last exam in 3rd year...It was an elective, so most of the people had already finished their exams]
***
The sun shows its last rays,
A blabber of noise around me,
The familiar din and racket,
Trunks and trolleys
Squeaking with all their might;
A combat with my mind,
As I flip the pages, my ears plugged,
Nostalgia grips me,
Moments just speed away,
Why doesn’t it feel the same?
Where is all the thrill?

A drop of tear trickles down,
And another, to wet my feet;
As the grip of truth holds tighter,
I wish the clock would stop ticking,
For today, I do not want to go…

1 comment:

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Sometimes, we leave something we love behind just to find something better elsewhere. As i say, Life goes on... (But i cant deny that i control my tears at farewells.. :) )